The press-release is below, but this is a true story of a mobile music journalist to go Rock-Star!
I met Val Halla when she was doing some reporting for GoMo News for Canadian Music Week 2009. It was the middle of the worst part of the economic storm, but Val was there to write about anything big and cool in the mobile music space that might be a spark of hope for the music industry….. I was so impressed by her, that we made her website mobile ( here is the blog-post back in March 09). Since then I am no longer working with the Mobify team ( I do not think the site is still up), but I have a been a big believer as well that the “Mobile Moment” is a “Music and Venue Moment” tied to the anchor of an artist’s own mobile site…..where they can sell everything from content to unique goods at the Venue.
Not only have we kept close contact over the years and she has helped me in many ways with some of the Artists I have been involved with.
This is a proud day for us and the mobile marketing….music business and Val…. Good things happen to Good people… lets she if she goes mobile for this tour!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Canadian Rocker Val Halla Recruited for 28 Dates on
Ted Nugent Tour After Texas Gig.
Saskatchewan Artist & Former Vancouver resident, Val Halla, will open up 28 dates of Ted Nugent’s “Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead Tour 2010” beginning June 16th in Boston, and continuing through August 8th in Wichita, KS.
Val Halla came to the attention of Nugent after performing a gig in Waco, Texas. After hearing good things, Nugent asked Halla to sing on a demo for a song he was recording at a studio just outside of town. Impressed by Halla, he called his management at Doc McGhee Entertainment (KISS, Darius Rucker), who then came out to see Halla perform in April in West Hollywood, CA. Only two days later, Halla (who has served as her own manager & booking agent for the last 9 years) was asked to be the opening act on 28 dates of Nugent’s tour.
Halla is promoting her fourth album “No Place” which was just released in March 2010. Her songwriting and guitar playing has won her coverage in both Guitar World Magazine, and Guitar Player Magazine and showcases this year at Canadian Music Week, SXSW, and the Florida Music Festival. The album features high profile players including Elliott Randall of Steely Dan, and Murray Pulver of Doc Walker. A group of Austin, TX musicians will be backing Halla up on the Nugent tour. The band is made up of three incredibly talented Berklee drop outs: guitarist Neal Davis, bassist Alex Ferreiro, and drummer Marty Higman.
To raise funds for tour support – Ted Nugent himself is signing “Texas flag” guitars that sponsors will receive for donating $500 or $1000, as well as other rewards packages for donations from $10 to $250 dollars. Val Halla has no record label to provide tour support, so this is a grass roots effort. Tour support is being raised through http://feedthemuse.net/valhalla
- Date City/State Venue
- June 16 Boston, MA The House of Blues
- June 17 Providence, RI Lupo’s Heartbreak Hotel
- June 18 Hampton Beach, NH Hampton Beach Casino Ballroom
- June 19 Philadelphia. PA Electric Factory
- June 20 New Haven, CT Toad’s Place
- June 22 Clifton Park (Albany), NY Northern Lights
- June 23 Wantagh, NY Mulcahy’s
- June 24 Jim Thorpe, PA Penn’s Peak
- June 25 Fredericksburg, VA Celebrate Virginia Central Park
- June 26 North Myrtle Beach, SC The House of Blues
- June 27 Lake Buena Vista, FL (Orlando) The House of Blues
- June 29 Fort Lauderdale, FL Revolution
- July 2 Fayetteville, AR Arkansas Music Pavilion
- July 4 San Antonio, TX Back Stage Live (Sunken Garden Theatre)
- July 5 Donna, TX Donna Corn Maze Amphitheatre
- July 7 Ardmore, OK Heritage Hall
- July 13 Fort Smith, AR The Rib Room
- July 14 Nashville, TN The Wildhorse Saloon
- July 18 Tulsa, OK Cain’s ballroom
- July 20 Merrillville, IN Star Plaza Theatre
- July 23 Clear Lake, IA Surf Ballroom
- July 25 Sylvania, OH Centennial Terrace
- July 27 Prestonburg, KY Mountain Arts Center
- July 28 Cleveland, OH House Of Blues
- July 29 Columbus, OH LC Outdoor Amphitheater
- July 30 Pittsburgh, PA Amphitheatre at Station Square
- August 4 Chicago, IL The House of Blues
- August 8 Park City (Whichita), KS Hartman Arena
For more information Contact Val Halla Music
at 615-573-5599 or email@example.com